users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application benchmark

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:39:56 -0500

I see that another response gave lots of details on jmeter, which is
also where I suspect your issue lies. The appserver can handle thousands
of requests from a single host (e.g., our SPECjAppServer benchmark
submission had about 1300 connections from each of 3 hosts).

Even from the appserver logs, 5 seconds is a long time for a response --
is there some back-end resource/database that everything is accessing
and hence waiting for? If that's the case, and the CPU on your server
isn't saturated, you should increase the number of HTTP threads
configured for the appserver. [Alternately, if you are CPU saturated,
you could probably lower the number of HTTP threads.]

-Scott