users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is there a vendor independent way of accessing EJBs from a standalone

From: Ryan <ryan.j_at_vacode.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:45:58 -0600

Thanks for the reply weberjn. After a bit of discussion tonight we've
decided to target Glassfish and deal with porting to another application
server if it ever needs to be done.

I felt like I was spending as much time ensuring our application was
portable as I was doing actual work. Almost all of the books, tutorials
and docs that I've seen tend to explain how to do things for a specific
application server. I found it almost impossible to find Java EE
examples that showed how to do things in a vendor independent manner.

However, if anyone is aware of a sample EE application (.ear) that will
run on multiple application servers without modification I'd still be
interested in looking at it just for fun.

Ryan