users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: RE: Glassfish: What a Palaver (SyntaxException, Stackoverflow etc.)

From: Replogle, Andrew <areplogle_at_connecture.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:34:36 -0600

" Also I don't see any change-log or read-me files to warn users of new
changes and possible problems."

At the bottom of the build page where you get the build titled
(Amazingly enough) "Build Information". Here's an example for build 33
of v2 (Milestone 4)

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2-b33.html <-- M4 build page

Issue Tracker List
Existing Bug Database List

------------
" I am sure that if you had done a proper regression test, some of these
problems that didn't exist in previous version would have been
highlighted before you rush to promote them. "

I'm not entirely sure where you're getting your info on glassfish
(specifically) that says the features you are trying to use are
production ready?

This version (v2) is IN DEVELOPMENT.. hence that regression testing is
currently ongoing.. Issues are being worked on.. How exactly would YOU
get a full and thorough regression test on a COMMUNITY project if you
didn't promote the features you were including.. you need people to 1.)
understand the builds are dev builds and test on them and 2.)post their
findings and work together to find solutions.

Some questions for you:

Have you searched through the issues for the build you're using and
builds thereafter to ensure this issue hasn't been fixed?

If So:

Have you submitted an issue for your JSF problems yet, detailing the
version you are using with all the details on how you're trying to
implement your case?

Or are you simply looking for someone to hand you a solution on a silver
platter? What efforts have you made to troubleshoot this issue on a
DEVELOPMENT NON PRODUCTION RELEASE SOFTWARE.