users@glassfish.java.net

ssl n00b

From: Lucas Jordan <lucasjordan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:02:50 -0500

I am trying to configure an instance of glassfish to respond to
notifications from google checkout. I have it working in 'sandbox' mode over
port 80, but to make it work for real, it must be over port 443. Google
says....

"To implement the Notification API, you need to establish a web service that
receives and processes Google Checkout notifications. Your web service must
be secured by SSL v3 or TLS and must use a valid SSL certificate. The API
callback URL that you use for your production account must use port 443,
which is the default port for HTTPS. The API callback URL that you use for
your Sandbox account may use either port 443 or port 80."

when I tried to use port port 443 the google integration tools tells me:

"We encountered an error trying to access your server at
https://digitalxtractions.net/portal/notification -- the error we got is:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target"

This is the only information I have about the error, nothing is logged on
the server side. In my searching, this error seems to be often found on the
client side, and has something to do with the client not being able trust
the server. I am not sure how this translates to my circumstance thought,
since I am an SSL n00b :)

I guess what I don't understand is, is my server not trusting googles certs?
how do I tell glassfish to accept all certs? or just those from google? or
is google not trusting me, since I have not installed any certs or anything
on the server? Is certificate even the right word?

Any help out be awesome!
-Lucas