users@glassfish.java.net

Sun Application Server 9/Glassfish with https

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:00:27 PST

I want to run my Web application with https. When users access
http://www.myweb.com, I want the Web server to automatically redirect to https://www.myweb.com. However, I am running into a few issues:

1. How do I tell Application Server 9 to create a listener on the default port. Right now, I have the listener using port 80 - users will have to enter https://www.myweb.com:80. I don't want to require them to enter :80. I thought a listener on 80 automatically listens to URLs, even if they don't include that port. But, when I type in the URL without port, all I get is a "Gateway Timeout Error". What do I need to do to set up the port correctly?

2. In the screen where I set up the listener, I checked the "Security: Enabled" check box. Now, when I load the Web application, the listener listens on https:. Now, how do I tell the application server to forward requests for http:// to https://?

Thank you!
[Message sent by forum member 'dailysun' (dailysun)]