users@glassfish.java.net

Lazy relationships and detached entities in Toplink Essentials

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 04:12:01 PST

I have a question about the Toplink Essentials implementation of LAZY relationships. As I understand it there is a special feature in Toplink Essentials that makes it possible to access LAZY relationships even after the entity manager/persistence context is closed, i.e. when the entity is detached (as long as the entity hasn't been serialized). I have verified that the implementation in fact makes a SQL select even after the em is closed.

I have only found basic information about how this feature works in forums etc so if anybody please could give some more thourough information that would be very helpful. Is there any documentation on exaclty how it works to be found somewhere?

I would also like to know if there is a way to turn it off?
[Message sent by forum member 'sofiajonsson' (sofiajonsson)]