users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart required and admin gui issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:53:28 PST

The Restart Required alert is only there for the developer profile, as the developer profile only has 1 server instance and that is DAS. This alerts the user that domain needs to be restarted.

It will slow down the GUI a lot if we have to check the restart required status for every server of the system at every page reload, thats why we don't have the restart alert at the header for cluster profile.
With Cluster profile, since there can be many server instances, and each may have different status, GUI put the status of the server instance at the instance general info page. Or, you can look at the stand alone instances table, or the Clusters table in detail view which shows you all the instances of all cluster and can find out the status at a glance.
Hope this explains why we don't show the restart required alert for instance in the header for cluster profile.

thanks.
Anissa
[Message sent by forum member 'anilam' (anilam)]