users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JCA adapter and load balancing

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:43:11 PST

If you have a JCA adapter that uses a TCP connection to an external system (EIS, host, whatever) it is easy in an unclustered environment. But if you deploy the JCA adapter into two JVMs you need to have two connections to the external system which might not be possible.
What I want is a cluster singleton. I want to deploy the same JCA adapter to all JVMs in the cluster but only one is active at a time and holds the connection to the external system. The inactive instances reroute all calls to the active adapter. If the JVM with the active adapter fails, crashes ... the inactive adapter takes over and establishes the connection to the external system. For that reason I need a cluster singleton for the TCP connection.
[Message sent by forum member 'pinus' (pinus)]