users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Static Content in Glassfish

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:14:49 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote On 02/13/07 03:10 PM,:

>Thank you; those are good resources.
>
>I think it falls short of the original question, which had to do with serving
>static content from a directory that exists within a packaged WAR. Do
>you know if that is {im}possible?

The DefaultServlet's base directory is automatically set (i.e., hardcoded)
to the web module's docbase. Right now, we don't support configuring
it.

We do support alternate docbases at the virtual server level, though,
which is explained in more detail at

  http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/new_support_for_virtual_directory

as Jeanfrancois pointed out.

As this blog mentions, supporting alternate docbases for web modules
is something we're considering as a future enhancement (right now,
we support it for virtual servers only).

Jan