users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Toplink Essentials or Glassfish - looks like memory leaks

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:24:10 +0100

Hello Gordon,
I cannot tell you right now how the code looks like, because that is
actually not me who was writing that module, but will try to get some
details. Right now I can tell you that entity manager was cleaned but
that did not help at all, even redeplotying the application didn't
help, we had to restart entire server to get rid of huge memory
footprint left after operation.
To tell more, problem disappeared after switching to Hibernate without
changing the code much.
The TopLink version is the one included with Sun Application Server
9.0 update 1.

I will try to write something more tomorrow. Maybe I could prepare
some small example with all sources.

Thanks for attention,
Witek