users@glassfish.java.net

Clustering Configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:49:47 PST

I was just curious how many people have been testing Glassfish in a clustered configuration on v2 so far? I have been working to set it up with our application in house and I'm hoping it can supplement Jboss because of ease of use. I haven't been able to get too far in test though because I need a feature.

I spoke briefly with Kedar about this and I know there's focus on a lot of other things right now but I was just curious if I had a feature request at this point, would it make it into the final release for v2.0 or not because M4 is a freeze?

Basically I need to be able to pass specific jvm options to each jvm in the cluster as we specify a config file property that way for our application. Is there any chance I could make a request to have this functionality added and also accessible through the web admin console?

Does anyone else have the need for each instance in a cluster to be able to have independent JVM args passed to it? I do know its a feature in all the other J2EE and JEE appservers out there. I'd imagine there'd be quite a few people who would need this.

Thanks for your input.
Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]