users@glassfish.java.net

Table name in Derby using EJB3.0 and Sun App

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:33:01 PST

I have a very simple example. Which is deployed in Sun App server 9
I've created table in Derby namee person having columns id and name.
I've generated class Person with tag @Table(name="person") and atribute name @Column(name="name") and id_at_Column(name="id").
And also a named query @NamedQuery(name = "Person.findAll", query="select o from person o").

I couldn't call named query unless I put all the names in double quotes. Like this
@Table(name="\"person\""), @Column(name="\"name\""),...
Without quotes there were SQLExceptions. For example: table name without quotes - 'table or view person does not exists'.

Is it a correct behaviour ? Or did I made something wrong ?
(Do I need to add quotes because of Derby or Toplink or Sun App ?)
[Message sent by forum member 'banduric' (banduric)]