users@glassfish.java.net

Session Cookies

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 11:57:28 PST

Hope this is the right forum for the question. I have a web based an app that uses session cookies. The problems are as follows:

   Servlets use: request.getSession().set/getAttribute("x", "X");

MSIE seems to have a problem with this...

1. MS IE users must manually configure IE to use my app an annoyance to them.
    <Tools><Internet Options><Privacy><Advanced...> <check always allow session cookies> For the most part this enables the environment to work properly. Except...

2. Some of my users live in a corporation that doesn't allow them to make this change.

I need a solution that doesn't require any configuration that works for all browsers.

What are my options? How best I fix this?
[Message sent by forum member 'tmonteit' (tmonteit)]