users@glassfish.java.net

Re: FreeBSD glassfish

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth.bsd_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:05:17 +0200

And that my dear friends is how you debug.

Thanks very much for the input (feel like a bit of a moron for assuming
the loop back device was fine)

after running ifconfig lo0 127.0.0.1 up and starting the domain it runs
fine.

Thanks for all your patience and we will file this under "learning curve"

Lessons learnt?

ping localhost would have established that the loopback wasn't working.
So start from the plug and make sure what ever is not working is first
plugged in and never assume your loopback device is working :D

Thanks again