users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Ambiguous MySQL Connection Pool Creation

From: Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 00:58:30 +0330

One more thing :-)

In the "New Connection Pool (Step 1 of 2)" page, create a new
connection pool as follows:

  Name: Test
  Resource Type: javax.sql.DataSource
  Database Vendor: mysql

and press "Next". Now you should be in "New Connection Pool (Step 2 of
2)". Press "Previous".

Change the "Database Vendor" to "Oracle" and press next. Once again,
press "Previous". Now change the "Resource Type" to
"javax.sql.ConnectionPoolDataSource". Press "Next". Once again press
"Previous". Now change the Database Vendor back to mysql. Press
"Next".

Now, the "Datasource Classname" is filled with wrong value:
"oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource".

Tested with Firefox 2.0 and IE 6.0 under Windows XP. Glassfish Version: 9.0 V1.

Also, I think, from an aesthetics point of view, it would be better to
use MySQL instead of mysql and, probably, Microsoft SQL Server instead
of mssql.

With best wishes,
Behi