users@glassfish.java.net

Question about Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 9.0 and 64bit support

From: Thomas S. Pangborn <thomasp_at_digrec.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:25:10 -0500

I am currently expanding my development effort and now with NetBeans 5.5 and
its support of Java EE 5.0, I was hoping to move from using Tomcat to
App Server 9.0 and create a more 'Enterprise' based system. What I found
was that our deployment OS is a 64bit Linux distro, SLES 9.0, and during
a recent installation attempt I found that the App Server does not
install on 64bit OS's except for Solaris 10 on SPARC :(

I was hoping to see if/when 64bit support of the App Server 9.0
will be available on other operating systems.

Its great that NetBeans 5.5 has this great hook, but in real life, at
least in my case, the end result is not quite optimal without having an
App Server that will run under my production environment.