users@glassfish.java.net

Re: precompiling jsps?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:32:21 -0800

Hi Matt,

Matthew Pease wrote On 11/21/06 09:20,:

> Hi all --
> I'd like to precompile my JSPs... I used asadmin
> --precompilejsp... but it WAY too slow.
>
> I've used jspc to create the .java files.
>
> But then it seems to need a jasper jar. I don't know where that is.

jspc already has all the relevant JAR files on its classpath.
No need to add anything on top.

> Also.. once compiled... where do they need to go in the WAR?

For this type of question, you can always start with the GlassFish
"User documents" link from:

  https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/docs/DocsIndex.html

This link:

  http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3662/6n5s9hn0b?a=view#indexterm-182

explains the various jspc command options, and also has an example
of how to bundle the precompiled JSPs into your webapp.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,

Jan