users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what is prefered OS for glassfish...

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:26:17 -0800

Hi Legolas
The GlassFish v2 release is going through stages of development and
these stages are the milestones. Currently we are in the midst of
Milestone 3. At this stage GlassFish v2 provides the ability to create
clusters and add instances to it, and deploy applications to cluster.
This one can deploy an app to all clustered instances through the same
deploy operation with the target being the cluster.
High Availability is being worked on and will be available from M3 in
its initial form and with further refinement and bug fixes thereafter.

The GlassFish v2 timeframes are all captured in the glassfishwiki pages.:
http://www.glassfishwiki.org/gfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=PlanForGlassFishV2
http://www.glassfishwiki.org/gfwiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Milestones

Hope these answer your questions.
Let us know if you have more.