users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish + JSF + stream pdf to output -- please sun guys...help!!!

From: Derick Potgieter <derick.potgieter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:37:18 +0200

Hi,

Has any one done this...streamed a dynamic pdf to output on browser?
I`ve done this on 8.2 by sending the page to a servlet on the page
navigation. Then called the request.getOutputStream().write(...).

Now this seemed to work perfectly...until i upgraded to glassfish where i
think JSF 1.2 is screwing me up....now i havent selected it to be included
in Netbeans 5.5 + web pack. But i recon the server obviously includes it
because of enterprise 5 compatibility.

Now i`ve tested it by creating a new web app without JSF support and
streaming from there in a servlet....and this works like a dream.
But using the same library and code in the JSF app gives me the pdf 19 pages
big....but nothing in it.

I`ve compared the file from the servlet without JSF framework....and it is
different to the one (some characters are different, but the general
layout is the same.)

Is there maybe a rule in the new JSF 1.2 specification that doesnt allow you
to swap from your action class to a servlet....or mabe doesnt allow you to
stream out....or mabe changes the bytes in a teleporter and then doesnt
output write.

Please....can anyone look at this....please??

I`m now at the point of just making a small JSF app and streaming out via a
servlet to check if it is the JSF stuff causing crap....this same approach
works in a plain jsp+servlet app.

Thanks for all the reading..

Rgds
Derick