users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JavaMail sessions: still not working

From: Behrang Saeedzadeh <behrangsa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 23:53:11 +0330

Hi Masoud,

Thanks for the response. I have sent two different code snippets to
the forum. One uses "Session.getDefaultInstance" and it works fine.
The problem is with the one that is configured as a JNDI resource.

I can use an ugly hack/workaround to make it work:

Context c = new InitialContext();
Session session = (Session) c.lookup("java:comp/env/mail/gmail");
Session actualSession = Session.getInstance(session.getProperties(), new
       Authenticator() {
           protected PasswordAuthentication getPasswordAuthentication() {
               return new PasswordAuthentication(username, password);
           }
       });

And then by using the actualSession everything just works fine. The
problem is that I don't know how to assign an Authenticator to the
"session" object which is looked up via JNDI.

Best Regards,
Behi