users@glassfish.java.net

JVM arguments

From: Martyn <chainy_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 00:31:56 +0100

Hi
I am using apache with glassfish and in the JVM settings I have set
-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.enableJK=8009. The problem I have is when
I first boot the machine and then make a call to a JSP page I get the
following message: Service Temporarily Unavailable. Now if I first call
http://localhost:4848/ for the admin GUI, then try a JSP page the page
displays fine. I have checked in the domain.xml file to make sure the JVM
argument has registered and this is fine.

When looking in the logs I do not see anything about the server listening on
port 8009 until I call up the admin GUI then check the logs again and sure
enough it is there. Have I done this incorrectly or how do I make this JVM
setting work without first having to call the admin GUI?
Thank you Martyn.