users@glassfish.java.net

WSGEN Classpath

From: Kenneth Clark <kenneth_at_rabiddog.co.za>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:05:40 +0200

Just had an interesting battle with the wsgen tool and the -cp arg.

Scenario
I have a jar library external to my web service (it is a custom library
that many web services will feed off)
if in the -cp arg I put the physical path to the library (not packaged,
extracted) and try run the wsgen tool it tell me it can find files but
if I put the library in the same directory that I am running the wsgen
tool from it worked.

It also works if I put it in the PATH environment variable.

example
project.company.ClassName (library file)
in a directory structure
drive:\classes

company.webservices.ServiceEndPointClass (webservice file)
in a drictory structure
drive:\webservice

WSGEN
drive:\webservice>wsgen -cp drive:\classes
company.webservices.ServiceEndPointClass -wsdl

will return an error stating that the class (ClassName) cannot be found
(this is based on the assumption that ClassName is being used by the web
service).

Am I doing something really stupid? Is this normal behaviour?