users@glassfish.java.net

Re: questions about Glassfish and virtual server / host

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:42:26 -0700

Hi Legolas,

Legolas wood wrote On 10/19/06 15:17,:

>Thank you for that link
>I learned much from it.
>but one thing is still unresolved for me and i am looking for some help
>about it.
>I can set those domains' DNS that i want to host them in my dedicated
>server , to point to my own server.
>now what should i do then ? should i install a DNS server on my server ?

If you want to serve multiple domains from a single IP address, where
each domain corresponds to a virtual server, it is your responsibility
to add the required mappings to DNS, so that any requests for your
domains will resolve to your IP address.

GlassFish will not reconfigure DNS for you.

For *local* testing, I add my domain (virtual server) names to my
/etc/hosts file on my UNIX box.

Jan