users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Resource injection in JSP how to...

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 16:11:06 -0700

Hi Edson,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote On 06/08/06 13:52,:

> ... ok, may be I just made a sidekick on the server... Still
> interesting way to get resource injection on JSP pages:
>
> http://jroller.com/page/brviking?entry=resource_injection_in_jsps_is

The reason dependency injection via annotations is not supported on
JSP pages is because all the information represented by annotations
needs to be known at deployment time, but if an annotation were included
in a JSP page, it wouldn't be *seen* at deployment time, because annotations
are stored in bytecode.

Yours is an interesting "workaround", though.

Jan