users@glassfish.java.net

jar replacement necessary.... why

From: vince kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:58:41 -0800

I have a web application that includes an embedded database engine
(derby 10.0.2.1) and data.

If I deploy the web app on tomcat, the web app executes correctly.

If I deploy the web app on GF, it doesn't execute correctly [the
embedded database doesn't start].

If I replace the derby.jar file that is in <glassfish>/derby/lib with
the derby.jar that is in the application's war file (downgrade) the web
app starts to work correctly.

Why do I need to replace the GF derby.jar with this older version?

Is there some way (dd file, something) that will allow me to keep the
original jars in their locations and get this web-app to execute correctly?

vbk