users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Trouble deploying ear from NB 5.5

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 07:24:49 -0800

Joseph B. Ottinger wrote:

> Okay, this was exactly the problem. I was using a Mustang beta for
> compilation and run of Glassfish, and reverting everything back to
> 1.5.0 and recompiling (and redeploying), and everything behaved as I
> expected.
>
> However, I should note that the verifier still had no problems with
> the .ear; shouldn't it have had the same exception that deployment did?

Maybe not, if the verifier tool is using 1.5 jdk. I am not sure, but if
you run the verifier tool from NetBeans itself, I think NetBeans
executes the verifier as an external tool, and as such this tool would
use the JDK from the App Server.

Anyway, thanks for the good feedback, we'll address this one..
Ludo