users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish log messages

From: Nazrul Islam <nazrul.islam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:46:20 -0800

Jan Luehe wrote:

>Hi Nazrul,
>
>Nazrul Islam wrote On 02/16/06 21:03,:
>

>>Our log messages need to be cleaned up. See the attached file for server
>>startup messages.
>>
>>GlassFish developers: Please take a look. Thanks.
>>

>The WARNING messages of the form:
>
> <element_name> attribute <attribute_name> not supported
>
>identify functionality regressions from previous AS releases. We've
>been following ARC guidelines by logging them at the WARNING level.
>
>Should they be logged at FINE level instead?

Thanks for clarifying this. Perhaps we should log these at FINE level.
If we must tell the user, another alternative is to do one warning
message with details. As a user, I would also like to get hints about
what I should do to get rid of the warning.

Thanks.

--
Nazrul Islam - (408) 276-6468 - Sun Microsystems, Inc.