quality@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish lost password and uninstall failure

From: Grayson Churchel <graysonc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 20:52:09 -0400

Can someone explain this to me? I went through the exact same routine with
1.6.0_24 then downloaded and installed 1.7. What am I missing here?

I spent hours trying to find a way to set the password I seem to have lost
on the Glassfish console then tried to run the installer again. Told it to
reconfigure an existing installation and set the password again. That failed
utterly. I gave up and decided to uninstall and re-install. When I run the
uninstall.exe it tells me it can't find 1.6 or better of the JRE.
Specifically gave it the path to the /bin folder and it still can't find it.
If I can't get the uninstall to work soon I'm going to remove it by brute
force. I just don't know what fragments that might leave behind. Can anyone
tell me how to get this uninstaller to work?

Grayson Churchel

[image: Glasssfish3 Uninstall Fail.png]

Glasssfish3_Uninstall_Fail.png
(image/png attachment: Glasssfish3_Uninstall_Fail.png)