quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: Is anyone else hitting 'OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space' on a regular basis with GlassFish 3.0 ?

From: Manfred Riem <mriem_at_manorrock.org>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:07:18 -0600

Hi Matthias,

I guess that is a call you need to make. I for one am a person that does not
lightly
include 3-rd party libraries. This particular issue being one of the
reasons.

And arguing between the 3-rd party library developer and yourself about it
being
a container issue or not, well, if it gets down to that and the 3-rd party
library
developer takes that route I would argue it is probably better not to use
the
library at all ;)

Note not only Glassfish exhibits this issue, I have hit this issue with
several
other application servers on redeploy as well and the restart (1am) is
usually
the route taken in production.

Regards,
Manfred