quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Is anyone else hitting 'OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space' on a regular basis with GlassFish 3.0 ?

From: Paul Merlin <eskatos_at_n0pe.org>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:23:49 +0200

Quoting Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>:
> Hi Paul

Hey Richard,

> I know I am replying on a very old mail

Sure, back from the past :)

> I created an issue so the below can be documented - and now it is :)
>
> And now that the below can be fixed :
> http://java.net/jira/browse/GLASSFISH-16604

In my understanding it's not something that can be fixed at all.
As a JEE developer/architect/whatever you just have to keep it in mind while
writing code and worse, while reading the code of the libraries you want to use

Indeed, I agree that having it documented clearly in all JEE books and related
products manuals would be nice.

BTW I believe that OSGi can suffer from the very same issue.

/Paul