quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB development with Maven, making it easier and more fool proof.

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:13:05 +0200

Hi Judy

On 16 March 2010 17:44, Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Good to hear from you. From Richard post to NetBean below, looks the
> issue
> has a workaround and need a new feature to enhance. Looks there is no
> GlassFish
> issue here.

The problem is two fold.
The deploy of the malformed JAR deployed sometimes and sometimes not.
Hong kindly has fixed this in 3.1 nightly. It also effects Glassfish 2.x.
Now it always deploys and silently fails.

The issue does indeed have a workaround as I stated in this original mail.
However the workaround is not clear to anyone developing a EJB application
in Maven using Eclipse or NetBeans.

The current application I am developing has about 50 EJB's and 100 Entity
tables that generate huge logs as output.
So searching for one entry that says class not found exception is indeed
painful.
Perhaps I could ask Hong to print a stack trace with this error to make it
more apparent.

I'm also going to send a feature request to
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/as this is the preferred Eclipse Maven
plugin.

regards
Richard