quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: different applications sharing ejb.jar

From: Richard Kolb <rjdkolb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:46:15 +0200

Hi Judy and Felipe

On 22 February 2010 22:10, Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Just checked with EJB developer and got suggestion to try with putting the
> EJB jar into GF lib dir.
> May be you can give this a try?

This causes very bad things with Hibernate and GF 2.1
It's a big class path mess. We had endless hassles because the class's were
loaded in another space, and then Hibernate said it was already mapped... So
it worked some of the time and not others. Just beware.
But, maybe JPA does not suffer from the same headaches.

Btw, we were using XML files with Hibernate and not Hibernate annotations.

regards
Richard