quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: the v2 compatibility property

From: Hong Zhang <Hong.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:08:17 -0400

Hi, June

> So is the plan to add "compatibility" as a property of the
> sun-application element in the sun-application.xml file? I assume
> this would have the same default and functionality as the
> "compatibility" property of the application element in domain.xml.
> Currently the sun-application element doesn't have an optional
> property subelement, but adding one wouldn't break backward
> compatibility. You may have to increment the sun-application DTD
> version though.

I haven't looked into the implementation details on this yet, but yes it
should have the same functionality as the command line property.

> Please let Dixie and me know what you plan to do so we can make sure
> it's doc'd properly.

Yes, I will definitely follow up with you guys on the doc update once I
have the details. I don't think any doc update is needed for domain.xml
(it's the same property persisted in domain.xml whether it's from
sun-application.xml or from command line). But we will need to update
the doc for sun-application.xml (the version of the dtd for this has
already been incremented in this release).

Thanks,

- Hong