quality@glassfish.java.net

sth doubt about GUI design of connection pool

From: Wu Jie <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:22:09 +0900

Hi Judy

As titled.
I used V3 b70. and sth doubt following.
1.About "Flush" button's location
  I found that the location of "Flush" button of JDBC Connection Pool
  is deferent from the other Resource.
  For specific. "Flush" button in "Advanced" page of JDBC Connection
  Pool, but in "General" page of the other resource(JMS or Connector
  connection pool).

  I do not undersdand why this difference. Maybe it is better to unify
  the location.

2.About "Flush" function
  this is a new function. I extracted the function descripeion
  following.
  Flush connection pool is a feature that re-initializes all the
  connections in the pool without the need for reconfiguring the
  whole pool. Flush connection pool to recover from applications
  leaking connections.

  If clicks "Flush" button, Do re-initializes all the connections
  in the pool even though the connections which are being used by
  appliction ?

  If the answer is "Yes", I think it is better to give some hint
  when user click the button(use the function).

3.About "Advanced" page of JDBC Connection Pool
  When turn to "Advanced" page of JDBC Connection Pool, it seems that GF
  attempt to get connection from DB. this function is similar to "Ping"
  function in the "General" page. if so, is it redundancy?

Thanks
-Wu

 Wu Jie
 Development Dept.II
 Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
 8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
 Nanjing, 210029, China
 TEL: +86+25-86630566-956
 COINS: 79955-956
 FAX: +86+25-83317685
 Mail: wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com
 This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
 contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
 disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of
 this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
 distribution or copying hereof is strictly prohibited. If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail,
 permanently delete this communication from your system, and destroy any
 hard copies you may have printed.