quality@glassfish.java.net

Deployment from NetBeans vs deployment with asadmin command

From: Wouter van Reeven <wouter_at_van.reeven.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 14:40:26 +0200

Hi all,

Today I am working on my presentation for the JFall conference in the
Netherlands in November again. Unfortunately, when I try to deploy my
EAR from NetBeans to build 68 an exception occurs for which I have filed
an issue last week.

So I tried to deploy to GlassFish using asadmin and that fails as well.
I then tried to deploy to build 66 using asadmin as well, and that fails
too. But deploying to build 66 using NetBeans works just fine!

The error I get when deploying using asadmin is

com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Exception
while deploying the app : java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot resolve
reference Local ejb-ref name=jf2009Session,Local 3.x interface
=nl.amis.jfall2009.ejb.session.JFall2009SessionLocal,ejb-link=null,lookup=null,mappedName=,jndi-name=,refType=Session
because there are 2 ejbs in the application with interface
nl.amis.jfall2009.ejb.session.JFall2009SessionLocal

Since this is a JEE5 application, I have both an interface named
JFall2009SessionLocal annotated with the @Local annotation and a class
named JFall2009SessionBean annotated with @Stateless implementing the
interface.

In EJB 3.1 the interface is not needed anymore. However, when I remove
the interface and make sure my other classes use the Bean class instead
of the Local interface, deployment with asadmin still gives the same
error and deploying from NetBeans goes ok.

Would anyone know what's going on?

Thanks, Wouter

--
Lime and limpid green a second scene,