quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [FishCAT] Please start testing b67, Thanks !

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:35:33 -0700

Sorry, I was not very clear... In build 67, update installation
functionality is already removed from the Admin GUI in a sense that you
can see and review available updates, but not install them - you are
asked to shutdown the server and use pkg/updatetool to apply them...

You can still use update section of Admin GUI to install new addon
components though, but all existing packages are treated as "read only"
- you cannot update them or uninstall them anymore and you need to use
other two tools to do that.

Thanks,

Snjezana

Felipe Gaścho wrote:
> humm.. nice to know..
>
> * please - if possible - to remove this option from the GUI :)
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic
> <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_sun.com> wrote:
>
>> Note that starting with build 67 we actually disabled the ability to apply
>> product updates via Admin Console since applying updates to running server
>> was not working very reliably.
>>
>> So, please use either pkg command or updatetool to apply updates. Note that
>> it is also good idea to stop the server before applying updates, especially
>> on Windows...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Snjezana
>>

>> Felipe Gaścho wrote:
>>
>>> It may be of course a local problem.. and I already unzipped the b67
>>> and everything is working fine again.. but if later someone would try
>>> to repoduce:
>>>
>>> 1) install b66
>>> 2) deploy some applications (Hudson for example)
>>> 3) go the the Admin Console / Available Updates
>>> 4) Check all available updates