quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 .updatetool Directory Configuration

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 17:09:07 -0500

Matthew,
The code that looks for that directory is using the user.home Java
system property. So if you can change your GlassFish configuration file
to set user.home to something reasonable (maybe the install root for
glassfish?), then the code should work.

Please file a glassfish bug on this, as something is calling this method
and not catching the IOException properly. I checked the UC code that
calls that method, and in each case, the exception is caught, and error
message is logged and a reasonable value is returned, i.e., the
Exception is not propagated. But it is possible that the same code is
called from elsewhere without that processing.

Thanks.
Tom