quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: [pkg] pkg command question/bug

From: Tom Mueller <Tom.Mueller_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 12:21:21 -0500

Karen,

What you have quoted is a usage message, which is intended to show the
syntax as a quick reference without explaining what the option does.
Information about what it does is in the manual page. The same manual
pages are shipped for Unix, Linux and Windows, even though some of the
information on the manual page is specific to Unix. The manual pages
are available from the on-line help for updatetool under "Key Concepts"
and then "Command Line Interface". Or, you can type out the file from
the location indicated below.

Tom