quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: Enable/disable button error?

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:29:32 -0700

Please read email sent to the alias.   I really can't afford answering the same question repeatedly.
See attached.   Although the attached email is about applications table,  it is exactly about Enabled/Disabled button activation.   The same question you are asking here.   You should be able to tell that it is like the same case here.    So,  don't send question on yet another page with table listing and has Enabled/Disabled buttons.

thanks
Anissa.

Harminder Singh wrote:
Hi all,

Just want to know if this is an error. When already enabled component is selected, enable button appears again and when clicked displays the message that the component is enabled. I think if already enabled component is selected then enable button should not appear, similarly with the disable button. Just let me know if, I am wrong.

How to reproduce:

1.     Start the glassfish server.

2.     Go to the main admin page.

3.     Click the resources button.

4.     Click the ‘JDBC’ button.

5.     Click the ‘JDBC Resources’ button.

6.     Select a component.

7.     Click ‘enable’ button.

Regards,
Harminder Singh

attached mail follows:

Hi Harsh,

Harsh Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am deploying a WAR file of 'hello world' application.
> I am using Glassfish version 3 : build : b44
>
> Once deployment is done, I tried to disable the application. It worked
> fine.
>
> But when I again select the checkbox of disabled application, both
> Disable and Enable buttons got activeted. Here I think only Enabled
> button should be activated because the application is already disabled.
>
> Same case is there with enabling aplication, like when application is
> enabled the Enable button should not be activated.
>
> Is this a bug?

No, thats not a bug. There can be multiple applications, some
enabled, some disabled. Once you select any application, both button
should be activated so that you can enable or disable the selected
applications. For convenient, someone may just do the select all,
and then click the enabled button. Before you click the button, we
don't immediately know what application is selected, whats its status
and then activate the correct buttons. You can say thats a
limitation, but thats how the table model works.

Activating both buttons so that you can click on whatever you want is
perfectly fine. I really don't see any harm.

thanks
Anissa.