quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: error in JVM

From: Yifeng <Yifeng.Luo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:09:19 -0700

sure. :-)

The following is an instruction about how to file bug by Judy Tang. Hope
it helps! Thanks.

        How to log bug

    * Must read. Check out the GuidelinesToCreateAnIssueInIssueTracker
      <http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GuidelinesToCreateAnIssueInIssueTracker>
      first.
    * Be sure that you are using the latest promote build
      <http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/promoted/>
    * When you are not convinced whether a particular behavior is a bug
      or a feature, send a question to the quality alias
      <mailto:%20quality_at_glassfish.dev.java.net>
    * When you are convinced it is a bug, make sure it has not been
      filed, check V3 all open bug query
      <https://glassfish.dev.java.net/issues/reports.cgi?state=Open+issues&issue_type=DEFECT&containing=gfv3-prelude-include&type=natural+language+search&x=Subcomponent&y=Priority>
    * If you find it is a dup, please append your finding and add
      yourself to the interest list. When bug got fixed you will be
      notified to verify
    * To file a bug, GlassFish uses Issue Tracker to log bugs. Click
      Issue Tracker
      <https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues>,click
      login and use your java.net ID to login.
    * Click New to open an issue
    * Select V3 for "Found in Version", select the correct
      "Subcomponent", select "Priority", P1/can't start the server,
      P2/lost data. P3/not too critical
    * Please fill in all the following details in the "Description":
      Which GlassFish V3 build, What JDK Version, What OS
    * Please give detailed steps to recreate, this is important information
    * Please attach server.log and the APPLICATION,you have to log a
      bug first, then use attach feature
    * After bug got fixed, please verify it and then close or reopen if
      fix does not work