quality@glassfish.java.net

RE: [Problem]Spring In Glassfish

From: Wim Verreycken <wim_at_pizzastop.be>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:28:47 +0100

Hi Mike, Vince,

I wasn't able to follow the thread realtime, but just did some catching up
on the last 15 posts or so, since we might have a problem here:). I could do
some further testing if you like on the subject (in a couple off days
though, really busy at the moment). But please fill me in on the current
situation.

I've made the following resume trying to make an overview of the test
results. Please correct or add inline in case something is wrong or
inaccurate.

One big question though : has this been tested in a non-clustered
environment? In case yes, with same results or not.

Please fill me in, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Wim

RESUME OF CURRENT TEST RESULTS :
Spring 2.5.5 or 2.5.6 + Glassfish V3 Prelude b39

Environm :
- Clustered glassfish b39 + spring 2.5.5 ; web application
- DEFAULT Domain server.policy which does NOT include permission for
instanceroot/lib
grant codeBase "file:${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}/lib/-
- Spring.jar placed under instanceRoot/lib, NOT installRoot/lib

Reproduction:

CASE 1 : Security manager is turned ON in domain.xml
--------------

1) Starting server with
asadmin start-domain domain
yields an error (please attach clean server.log and jvm.log)

2) Starting server with
asadmin create-jvm-options --user admin -Djava.security.manager
yields the same error

CASE 2 : Security manager is turned OFF in domain.xml (DEFAULT)

1) Starting server with
asadmin start-domain domain
works fine

2) Starting server with
asadmin create-jvm-options --user admin -Djava.security.manager
works fine, but SHOULD yield error cause of missing permission in
server.policy