quality@glassfish.java.net

[SJSU] auto deployment error?

From: Karen Ho <hokar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:44:08 -0700

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a bug or not, please kindly help to verify.

1. Start the Admin Console

2. Check the auto deploy setting in "Application Server" -> "Advanced"
tab, it is enabled. Now try to copy the hello.war into the autodeploy
folder

3. Hello.war is successfully deployed after 1 or 2 seconds

4. Disable the auto deploy in "Application Server" -> select
"Advanced" tab

5. Undeploy the hello application with Admin Console

6. Remove the hello.war and hello.war_deployed and
.autodeploystatus\hello.war files from the auto deploy folder

7. Copy the hello.war file to the auto deploy folder again

8. It won't deploy which is expected. So I delete the hello.war file
from the auto deploy folder

9. Now, enable the auto deploy setting in "Application Server" ->
"Advanced" tab again. Repeat step 7 above. Hello.war file is not deployed
no matter how long I wait.

10. Remove the hello.war file from auto deploy folder

11. Stop the domin and start it again

12. Re-check the auto deploy setting, it is enabled. Repeat step 7 again,
now the hello.war is deployed.

Question: Since I found that disabling the auto deploy flag does not require
domain restart to take effect, therefore I also think that enabling auto
deploy flag does not need domain restart as well. Do I have any
misunderstandings?

GlassFish Version: v3 Prelude (build b28c)

Thanks & Regards,

Karen