quality@glassfish.java.net

[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Server does not start..]]

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:49:10 -0700

Ha, let me bring this thread to quality alias, so others can learn too.
Thanks Sankar for your big help !

attached mail follows:

Looks like you got a successful server startup. Also I see that the
overall startup time was 1741ms which is just 2 seconds.

One thing that catches my eye is the jmx connector startup at port 8686.
Can you do few more things for me ?.
On the command line do
asadmin stop-domain
netstat -a and see is there any other port program which is listening
in port 8686.

If no other process is running in port 8686 then I don't know what is
causing the startup failure.
As a workaround you can use start-domain --verbose and proceed with your
testing.

-Sankar