quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: semi-OT: persistence technology hints for Java EE app?

From: Kristian Rink <rink_at_planconnect.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 21:14:18 +0100

Hi Wouter;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your feedback on that. :)

Wouter van Reeven schrieb:
> Why is depending on Spring such a big problem? Only because it's not "pure JEE"?
> Have you considered using Ibatis? It's not real JPA, but not plain JDBC either.

Well, at the moment indeed I wanted to dump virtually every "un-needed"
dependency for the sake of using as much as possible code already provided
by the server for keeping things simple. iBatis, thus, was completely out by
now because this so far is a technology we haven't used in any part of our
system. At the moment however, given the rest of the project requirements, I
have chosen to stay with Spring for now and look at the SimpleJdbcTemplate,
eventually extracting parts of its wrapping functionality if required. Still
not sure though... :)

Cheers,
Kristian

--