quality@glassfish.java.net

What we should pay more attention to now when V3p is released?

From: dinghy <dingis_at_qq.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:19:48 +0800

As the Title mentioned,of course a bit huger for what I intended to describe here...,
 after prior commonly testing to web-app,ejb,etc,
 GF v3 performed okay as the popular app-server,
 Now it's the time for us to test the new features ,which we used more pratically and related to optimization of Apps
 such as :
 1.simple configuration with Apache Http Server 2.0/2.2 by mod-jk from TOMCAT.
 1.1 with 1 we should also test the load balancer on cluster with Apache Http Server
 2.prior cluster support within GF v2
 3.context.xml in <Web-App-Home>/meta-inf/context.xml like tomcat to simply bind the JNDI(JDBC)
 4.Default Web Modules
 ....more you may find detailed description from the url below:
 http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4496/beaft?l=Ja&a=view

 the distribution used is Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v3 Prelude .
 and now I found some probelms :

 for 1: when you enable the jkEnabled property,you will have to request the url by AHS-port url,and prior used GF-port url will be lost.
  for 2: I still have no idea with the cluster on GF v3,maybe have to ant setup by the profile CLUSTER,because I can't find the convenient method from the GF_ADM_HOME_PAGE,which is familiar as 'ADD CLUSTER SUPPORT ' in GF v2.
 for 3:haven't test it,but I found the bug in v2.v2 doesn't support...
 for 4:when you set the default web-module,you can't use the reload feature.Server.log told me 'You have to remove the webmodule first' ....

 by the way,you may tell me gf v3 is okay with the WEB-SERVER FUNCTIONs,and I don't have to use AHS,
 then please tell me how I could support G-ZIP compression with V3. any Sun-certified docs?

 thanks