quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin create-service?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 06:45:13 -0700

Kristian Rink wrote:
> Folks;
>
> just getting my feet wet using Glassfish on top of Solaris 10, I wonder
> whether the introduction of the asadmin "create-service" command is planned
> any time soon for GFv3? Seems a rather helpful thing to me... :)

Kristian,

I am glad you want it. But we didn't have enough time to do this for
Prelude. It will be there for v3 final. Remember, v3 final is compatible
with V2 which means all commands (asadmin) that worked on V2 ought to work
on v3 final.

In fact, for v3, the scope of this command will be extended to address
OpenSolaris, various flavors of Linux (is it Linuxes or what? ;) ), Windows
and possibly Mac OS X.

-Kedar