quality@glassfish.java.net

asadmin start-domain command failed

From: Edith Avot <Edith.Avot_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:58:24 +0200

Hi all,

AS9.1U2 EE is installed on Solaris10u6/x86 system.
When I try to start domain, I get the following error message:
# /opt/SUNWappserver/bin/asadmin start-domain
domain1
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to /opt/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/logs/server.log.
Please enter the admin user name>admin
Jul 10, 2008 11:29:49 AM
com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.LoginContextDriver doPasswordLogin
INFO: SEC5046: Audit: Authentication refused for [admin].
Incorrect admin username and/or password
CLI156 Could not start the domain domain1.
#

By searching in different forums and mailing lists, I seems that some
people have already encountered the same problem. And the solution was
to remove the $HOME/.asadminpassword file (1) or to user the
--passwordfile option of asadmin (2).

I've tried both solution:
    1. I removed $HOME/.aasdminpass file and launched again the asadmin
command, but I got the same error and moreover the .adminpass file is
automatically re-created during the command execution
    2. I've created a password file with AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=<my_password>
inside, and launch the following command:
"/opt/SUNWappserver/bin/asadmin start-domain --user admin --passwordfile
/tmp/pass domain1". But the result was still the same.

Do you any idea of what could I do ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Edith