quality@glassfish.java.net

Re: What did not go right...

From: Judy Tang <Judy.J.Tang_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:02:59 -0800

Thanks Aditya for giving the background.

It looks to me what did not go right is both developer and SQE do not
have tests to cover "asadmin deploy without the port option specified"
case before and during the build promotion, one reason is in order to
automate this test, it requires appserver install with default admin port,
so when user does not use the port option, appserver can use the default
admin port to connect to server. But as Adity mentioned below
not everyone was expected to run the tests with the defaults.

Jagadesh has suggested to add "asadmin deploy without the port option
specified" test into smoke test, since smoke test is run by nightly
build, and I checked with Terena the nightly build does install
appserver with default admin port. So this is one option we have. If
any one
has a good suggestion, please let us know.