quality@glassfish.java.net

test framework for javascript

From: Lidia <lidia_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:23:49 -0700

Hi

I'm looking for a test framework for automating tests exercising a lot
of javascript.

Our first choice was HtmlUnit however, since it tries to mimic a
browser, it does not handle some javascript properly (e.g. it has
problems with hidden fields). I also looked at Selenium IDE. It
provides a nice, quick way of recording tests and is a free alternative
to SilkTest. Selenium RC is supposed to work for automation, however I
haven't had a chance yet to check how well it will work with our ant
framework.

If anyone has any comments regarding javascript testing frameworks
mentioned above or other, that we could use, pluses/minuses for their
use, etc, please let me know.

thanks
lidia