quality@glassfish.java.net

Proposal for Test Specification template

From: Jagadesh Babu Munta <Jagadesh.Munta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:24:32 -0700

Hi,

As we are going to create test specifications for GlassFish v2 or Sun
Java System Application Server 9.1 features, I would like to propose a
template for test specification. This can help us to give us consistent
readability.
See the attached file.

Please share your comments, additions and thoughts!

Thanks.
-- Jagadesh

GFv2_AS91_Test_Specification_template

GlassFish v2 or Sun Java System Application Server 9.1

<<Module>>  Test Specification
Author: <<name>>
Created Date: <<date>>; Last Updated: <<date>>

Introduction

  // Brief about this document at very high level of the test module

Test Scenarios

<<Links to the below scenarios for easy navigation>>

// List the all the test scenarios with following details for each test.

<<[scenario-id]:>>  <<Requirement Synopsis>>
// say [SEC-TS-01]: <information>

 // simple description about the requirement w.r.t testing . Also include more design information if needed to understand the test.

Strategy:
 // text to explain what is the basic strategy.

Open Issues:
 // List if any open issues for the above

// Repeat above 4 sections ( from scenario-id to open issues ) until all the tests covered.